- With a northern coast on the Caribbean, Venezuela’s neighbors are Colombia to the west, Brazil to the south and Guyana to the east.
- The coordinates for Venezuela are 10.5000º N, 66.9667º
- It has a total area of 352,144.5 square miles (912,050 square kilometers).
Flag of Venezuela
- Venezuela’s population was an estimated 28.44 million in 2020.
- It’s capital is Caracas which has an area of 167 square miles (433 square kilometers) and a population of 2.082 million (2015).
- The average life span here is 72.06 years (2019).
- Spanish is the official language of Venezuela, however an amazing 30 other languages are also officially recognised here.
- Venezuela has the 2nd largest oil reserve in the world with an estimated 211 billion barrels (2012) which is 15.3% of the world’s reserves, beaten only by Saudi Arabia with 265 billion barrels (2012).
- The Venezuelan Bolivar is the currency to keep in your wallet here.
Cuyagua, Aragua, Venezuela
- …and its industry consists of petroleum, food processing, iron ore mining and construction materials.
- It also exports petroleum, steel, bauxite and aluminium, chemicals and agricultural products.
- Angel Falls in Venezuela is the tallest uninterrupted waterfall in the world at a staggering 979m!
- Interestingly, the streets of Caracas are closed off to cars every Christmas morning to allow the population to roller skate their way to church for mass! Brilliant!
- Venezuela produces corn, sugarcane, sorghum, rice, beef and fish…
- Venezuela has produced more Miss Worlds and Miss Universes than any other country!
- Venezuela actually means ‘little Venice’, owing to the houses built on stilts which reminded explorers of Venice, Italy… sounds absolutely ideal to us!
- Want to call your friends or family in Venezuela? You’ll need to use the international dialling code +58.
Do you know any fun facts about Venezuela? Share them in the comments below!