Papua New Guinea is home to the Hooded Pitohui, the world’s only poisonous bird!
11. Paving’s pretty rare out here.
There are very few paved roads in Papua New Guinea; instead air travel is more popular due to the dense jungle and so there are nearly 600 runways, both paved and unpaved.
12. It’s wonderfully tropical!
A tropical climate can be enjoyed in this beautiful country with little temperature variation. There is a monsoon season in the northwest from December to March and in the southeast from May to October.
13. It’s a genuine weather rarity!
Papua New Guinea is one of the few places in the world where snow falls despite being near the equator!
14. It’s extremely multilingual!
There are more than 700 individual languages spoken in Papua New Guinea, however, the official languages are English, Tok Pisin and Hiri Motu.
15. Time to get that money changed up?
Papua New Guinean Kina is the official currency here.
16. The Queen of England is also the Queen of PNG.