- Pakistan is a highly populated country in Southern Asia.
- It shares a border with Afghanistan to the northwest, China to the north, India to the east, and Iran to the west. It also has a coastline along the Arabian Sea to the south.
- This bustling country has an area of 307,374 square miles (796,095 square kilometres).
Flag of Pakistan
- Pakistan’s population was 212 million in 2018.
- In fact, a baby is born every 7 seconds in Pakistan!
- The capital city is called Islamabad; it covers an area of 349.8 square miles (906 square kilometres) and has a population of 1.015 million (2017).
- The terrain here is mountainous in the north and northwest, with the rest of the country mostly made up of flat plains and plateaus.
- The highest mountains in the world, including the Himalayas, are located in Pakistan!
- It is also home to the largest deep sea port in the world, Gwadar Port.
- And the highest road in the world! The Karakoram Highway is an eye-watering 15,397ft above sea level, we’re getting short of breath just thinking about it!
- For a delicious curry-filled Pakistani adventure, head for the coordinates 33.6667° N, 73.1667°
- Pakistan enjoys a hot, desert climate in the south, with a more temperate climate in the northwest and, believe it or not, arctic conditions in the north!
- The average life expectancy here is 66.48 years (2016)
- Did you know that more than 50% of the world’s footballs are made in Pakistan? We didn’t!
- Should you have an accident in Pakistan then fear not, as the country boasts the largest ambulance network in the world!
Sunset in Lahore, Pakistan
- Ayan Qureshi, Mehroz Yawar, Babar Iqbal and Arfa Karim have all become some of Microsoft’s youngest Certified Experts (some as young as 5 years old!) and all were born in Pakistan!
- Whilst visiting Pakistan, the currency that’ll get you your mouth watering curries and keepsakes is the Pakistani Rupee.
- Unusually, English is the official language of Pakistan, whilst Urdu is the national language of Pakistan. There are over 60 languages spoken in Pakistan in total.
- Pakistan grows rice, wheat, cotton and sugarcane and produces milk.
- The country’s industry consists of beverages, food processing, construction materials, textiles and apparel.
- Pakistan exports textiles, rice, carpets and rugs, sports goods and leather.
- Want to call friends or family in Pakistan? You’ll need to use the international dialling code +92.
Do you have any interesting facts about Pakistan that we’ve not mentioned? Share them with us here in the comments section below!