Want to become the king of trivia with the click of a button? These interesting facts about King Tut are about to make it happen folks…
- Tutankhamun died at just 18 and is widely believed to have been quite unwell for most of his life.
- DNA analysis shows he suffered from malaria.
- And CT scans indicate he was suffering from a rare bone disorder — Kohler disease.
- This would explain the deformed left foot he would have had his whole life.
- Tutankhamun’s tomb contains upwards of 130 different walking sticks.
- Many of them were used, potentially by the king himself.
- The famous gold mask that has come to epitomise Ancient Egypt is King Tut’s death mask.
- He was born circa 1334 BC.
- The identities of his parents are not definitively known.
- It’s thought he was born in his father’s hometown of Akhenaten.
- There is strong evidence that the serious damage inflicted to his body was done just before, or just after, his untimely death.
- The mummification process was also performed far more hastily than tradition would dictate.
- An unexpected chemical reaction caused his mummy to catch fire inside the coffin.
- The nature of the damage to his chest and legs indicates a hunting or chariot accident.
- They may also have resulted from a brutal death on the battlefield.
- His original name was Tutankhamun which means “living image of Aten”.
- Aten was the sun god in Ancient Egyptian religion.
Do you know any interesting facts about Tutankhamun that we’ve not mentioned? Share them here in the comments section below!
Related 'History' Facts