If you’re a follower of astrology or horoscopes, you will already know that there are thousands of different ways to interpret the stars. Millions of us read our horoscopes based around our birth dates. Depending on when in the year you are born, you will have specific star sign attached to you. For example, if you were born between October 23rdand November 21st, you will identify as a Scorpio, shown by the animal symbol of a scorpion – funnily enough!
But how much do you know about this star sign? What are some fantastic facts and interpretations about Scorpio personalities you might not be aware of? It’s always great fun to dip into horoscopes and astrology, and here are some supposed facts about Scorpio personalities you might want to look for – whether in yourself, your friends or family members!
Scorpio Zodiac Sign: Quick Facts
Dates: 23 October to 21 November
Zodiac Symbol: The Scorpion
Ruling Planet: Pluto, Mars
Birthstones: Topaz, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Tourmaline and Opal
Body Part: Blood, Nose, Reproductive system, Bladder
Metal: Iron, Steel, Magnesium
Colour: Maroon, Black
Tarot Card: Death
Secret Wish: To have total control
Keywords: Obsessive, Controlling, Destructive, Sensitive, Sharp, Secretive, Resentful, Spiritual, Strong, Driven, Emotional, Determined, Devoted, Vengeful, Mysterious, Intense, Suspicious, Jealous, Vindictive.
- A Scorpio is likely to rebel. While they are fantastic at leading, encouraging, and inspiring people, they themselves may have a few conflicts with authority figures in their lives, especially if anything gets in the way of their pursuit for personal growth.
- Scorpios hate superficial and artificial people. They want to connect with people who have their own drives and passions, and who strive to get as much out of life as they do. While there may not be any particular answer to the meaning of life, a Scorpio will try extremely hard to achieve this meaning through hard work and determination.
- Scorpios tend to cope well with long-distance romance and partnerships. They are able to focus well on their own goals and ambitions while remaining fiercely loyal to their partners from afar. A Scorpio is a partner you can trust.
- A Scorpio chooses their words carefully. They mean every sentence they speak, meaning that they have no time for those who focus on hollow thoughts and ideas.
- Scorpios are afraid of betrayal. While no one likes to be betrayed, betrayal to a Scorpio is incredibly hurtful, and thus helps to drive their need for absolute faith and honesty from the people closest to them.
- A Scorpio is unlikely to connect well with Leo and Aquarius, on the whole. There are occasions where these pairings will work, however, there are many personality clashes.
- A Scorpio is likely to treasure being right – though this is never necessarily a negative trait! They value vindication and the knowledge that they are doing the right thing. It is all about self-assurance.
- A Scorpio is likely to treasure a feeling of deep understanding. They want to make sure that the people around them understand how they feel and how they perceive things. This isn’t so easy to achieve all of the time, however, so things can get a little frustrating for them at times! However, learning to adapt along the way is key.
- A negative trait which can befall some Scorpio people is stubbornness – similar to Taurus, Scorpio is a star sign which can inflict unwillingness to budge from time to time! However, that’s not to say that all Scorpios aren’t open to new ideas and change.
- Famous Scorpios include Bill Gates, the hard-working head of Microsoft, who has been crowned the richest person in the world multiple times over. If that’s not a target for other Scorpios to reach, we’re not sure what is! Apple boss Tim Cook is also a Scorpio – there’s a pattern emerging here!
- Scorpios tend to be very cool and collected at the best of times. When you upset a Scorpio, however, they will not hold back. They can have fierce temperaments, which help to make them all the more mysterious.
- It’s thought that some of the best leaders are Scorpios – particularly as they are some of the most ambitious people around and are never likely to give up on a project that matters to them. This applies to leading teams, making money, and achieving the best things out of life!
- Scorpios hate liars and all forms of dishonesty. Then again – who doesn’t? It’s not easy to pull the wool over a Scorpio’s eyes, and it’s likely recommended that you never try.
- If you want to earn the trust and support of a Scorpio, honesty is the best policy. Scorpios are drawn to people who are honest and upfront in all that they do. Ultimately, they feel that it is best to keep things out in the open.
- Scorpios are great at multi-tasking. They will often be extremely efficient in even the most mundane of tasks and activities, and what’s more, they will also work hard to offer as much expertise and skill across multiple areas at once. They really are can-do people.
- A Scorpio is extremely resourceful. If one route for answers doesn’t pull through, they will strive to look for others. A Scorpio understands that life isn’t easy and that there are going to be challenges and setbacks. However, they love the journey along the way.
- Some signs may find that Scorpios’ determination and life-filling focuses are quite exhausting! If you are more laid-back than anything else, a Scorpio may find your attitude frustrating. Try and meet them on the same level and find a real zest for life, even the darkest parts.
- Scorpios, while known for being deeply loving and peaceful, can also offer strong emotions at the other end of the scale. However, they despise drama, and hate it when you avoid eye contact during confrontations. Face a Scorpio head-on, or not at all.
- Scorpios show plenty of strong traits on the whole. They are known for being extremely independent and following their own path, though they are open to the guidance of others.
- A Scorpio is likely to be in touch with their emotions, though as they can be hard to read as people, it is not always easy to tell how they are feeling. They may often display their emotions clearly but are just as likely to hide away at short notice.
- Scorpio is ruled by the planet Pluto, which means that they are under heavy influence of regeneration and anonymity. This may, to some extent, help to explain the mysterious side to their natures.
- Many people who are new to star signs and horoscopes may falsely assume that it is hard to trust a Scorpio. However, deep down, they are honest, caring, and will have your back. It just takes time to earn their trust and loyalty, which adds to their generally mysterious natures.
- A Scorpio is very likely to offer up a lot of creative fun and plenty of interesting ideas. They can be very creative people, on the whole, meaning that if you need help with ideas for a project or to look at something in a whole new way, a Scorpio might be worth relying on.
- Actors born in the Scorpio range include Anne Hathaway, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Whoopi Goldberg. Important figures from history such as Marie Curie and Christopher Columbus were also Scorpios, as was world-famous artist Pablo Picasso.
- Scorpios are likely to love receiving sentimental items from loved ones. If there is a story behind a gift you give them, then they are likely to love it, no questions asked.
- If you let a Scorpio down, you will never get a second chance again. They hold grudges – and if you dare to break trust or honesty, it will take a long time before you can rebuild that bridge.
- Scorpios hate quitters. They are always keen to follow things through to the finish and are likely to want to keep pushing ahead even if they come across setbacks. This is also why they hate laziness and unnecessary dramatics.
- Scorpios are fiercely loyal but will only ever give their loyalty to those who have earned it. This can take some time as you will need to show your unwavering respect and loyalty to a Scorpio in return!
- Scorpios love to holiday in far-flung places and to escape to corners of the world they never thought they’d travel to. If there is an intriguing holiday prospect opening up to a Scorpio, you can be sure that they will seize it with both hands.
- Scorpio has several lucky numbers, including 11 and 22. Therefore, if you are a Scorpio yourself, be sure to look out for them.
- A Scorpio hates unfair judgement. They want deeper understanding from the people around them, which isn’t always so easy to achieve.
- Scorpios tend to be very disciplined when it comes to money, While, like many people, they will love treating themselves and their loved ones, they do not tend to go overbudget too often. A Scorpio knows the value of money and that they will need to work hard for it.
- Scorpios are happy to plan ahead and to strike when other signs least expect it. This is not necessarily a negative trait – if anything, it shows that Scorpios are keen to map out their ambitions and plans far ahead of time, and if that means pulling a few surprises along the way, then so be it.
- A Scorpio is likely to be a friend or partner you can depend on for life. They will offer you reliability and safety that a lot of star signs crave. However, you must earn these traits.
- A Scorpio is likely to match well with many people, though they are strongest linked to Taurus and Cancer.
- A Scorpio tends to be fairly mysterious. This means that they are often hard to read and may even be some of the most complex people you come across. However, this doesn’t mean that they have negative intentions, or wish to cause any harm or malice.
- Scorpios tend to put a lot of time into love and will do a lot to try and make their relationships work. However, they do expect relationships to be a two-way street, as is reasonable. Therefore, while they will work hard, they will get very frustrated if their partner is extremely passive or doesn’t put the same time and energy in as they do.
- Scorpios hate inactivity and passiveness. They simply do not have time for people who waste their lives create dramatic scenarios for the sake of it, or who might be drifting through life passively. They want a life that is full of passion and ambition.
- Scorpios are determined and will strive to be the best. Power is something that really drives a Scorpio – and while they might not seek political office or wish to be in control of everyone they meet, they desire complete control over their destinies. That’s why they can find passive people so infuriating at times.
- Scorpios are innately curious. They want to know big answers to big questions and are always likely to be searching around for some kind of meaning. This helps to add to their ambitious and hard-working natures. A life without meaning for a Scorpio is barely worth living!
- Scorpios can show jealousy fairly easily, though this doesn’t mean that they find it hard to make friends. In fact, the Scorpio is generally is thought to be very brave, meaning that they are often outgoing, and always willing to meet new people and try new things.
- Scorpios like to ask questions of other people, mainly for their never-ending question in search of truth and honesty. Therefore, they are most likely to get on with those who have nothing to hide, or who are at least willing to give everything up to them upfront.
- Scorpios have big dreams and big desires. They love to plot, and plan, and create. This means that if they have their eyes on a goal, whether for financial gain, for their career or otherwise, they will passionately plan out a course of action and stick to it.
- A Scorpio wants to live an exciting life. They get incredibly bored of routine and want to avoid mundanity as much as they physically can. They want to fill their lives full of adventure – which means that while things are always exciting and interesting, some star signs may find things a little exhausting after a while!