Its official name is Slovenska Republika (The Slovak Republic).
3. It’s known by many names in many languages!
Here is ‘Slovakia’ in some other languages: Slovensko (Slovak, Czech), Slovaquie (French), Slowakei (German), Slovacchia (Italian), Eslovaquia (Spanish).
Flag of Slovakia
4. Want to find Slovakia with a compass?
The coordinates for Slovakia are 48.1500° North, 17.1167°
5. It has a fairly small population, comparatively with wider Europe.
Slovakia’s population was 5.459 million in 2020. It has a total area of 18,932 square miles (49,035 square kilometers).
6. What’s the capital of Slovakia?
The capital here is Bratislava; it has an area of 141.9 square miles (367.6 square kilometers) and a population of 424,428 (2016).
7. Slovakian weather is often fast and furious.
It’s probably not the place to head for your summer holiday as the summers are usually cold and cloudy and oddly it experiences humid winters. Additionally, Slovak has a spot of air pollution and the odd bout of acid rain!