The Bible is known as the perfect word of God and it has the power to transform the lives of a human being. To get you inspired, here are 20 interesting facts about the Bible.
- There is a total of 1,189 chapters in the Bible – The Old Testament of the bible has 929 chapters while the New Testament of the bible has 260 chapters.
- The Bible was written in three languages which are Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.
- The Bible contains 611,000 words in total.
- The longest Chapter in the Bible is Psalm 199 while Psalm 117 is the the shortest chapter in the Bible.
- The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9 and the shortest verse is John 11:35.
- The oldest man mentioned in the Bible is Methuselah, who is said to have died at 969 years old.
- The world’s smallest bible is the Nano Bible.
- China is the largest producer of Bibles – roughly around 18 million bibles are produced per year.
- Over 100 million copies of the Bible are sold annually.
- Enoch and Elijah are the only people in the Bible who did not die a natural death.
- Goliath is described in the biblical ‘Book of Samuel’ as a Philistine Giant.
- The first book of the Bible talks about a serpent tempting Eve.
- The full Bible has been translated into 683 languages.
- Mahershalalhashbaz is the longest word in the Bible.
- The King James Bible contains 788,258 words.
- There are a total of 188 named woman in the Bible.
- The Bible is the most commonly stolen book across the globe.
- The Great Bible of 1539 was the first authorised edition of the Bible in English, authorised by King Henry VIII of England.
- The New Testament was written within a period of 50-75 years while The Old Testament took over 1,500 years to write.
- In 1526, William Tyndale published a complete English Translation of the New Testament.
Do you have any interesting facts about The Bible that we’ve not covered? Share them here in the comments section below!
Related 'Religion' Facts