There’s so many diet trends out there that it can be hard to know which way to look. What do we do? We blow your mind with stunning facts, that’s what… Here’s 15 nutrition facts about almonds!
- Almonds only grown when it’s hot in the summer…
- …and cold in the winter.
- They can only become pollinated with the help of bees.
- In fact, they’re so reliant on them that growers can end up paying to rent swarms of bees.
- This will typically be the largest overhead almond farmers have to pay for.
- The problem with this is that bees only work when it’s hot in the middle of the day.
- And if there’s a drop of rain or a touch of frost overnight, they’ll always phone in sick…
- Green almonds can be picked early and pickled.
- Just because it might not be to your taste doesn’t mean it’s not a delicacy in other parts of the world!
- Nonpareil almonds are the most expensive and sought after variety.
- Studies have linked almonds to improved heart health and diabetes management.
- They’re also thought to contain a unique blend of healthy fats that can promote weight loss.
- Eating almonds can slow the absorption of sugars and carbs.
- This can smooth out the energy highs and lows you get from drinking fizzy drinks and eating sugary snacks.
- The ideal time to eat almond to regulate your blood sugar is mid-morning.
Do you know any fun or interesting facts about almonds that we’ve missed? Share them in the comments section below!