The Gambia was a British colony for two hundred years – from 1765 until 1965!
9. It’s often warm here, but there is respite.
The residents of Gambia enjoy a tropical climate with 2 seasons. The hot, rainy season is from June to November and the cooler, dry season is from November to May.
Banjul, the capital city of Gambia
10. Do people speak English in Gambia?
The official language of Gambia is English, although Mandinka, Wolof and Fula are also spoken here.
11. Sales patter doesn’t exist out here.
In Gambia, business deals are apparently based on relationships and trust, rather than salesmanship.
12. Here’s a fascinating societal fact…
Allegedly, no area of Gambia is populated by a single ethnic group.
Blue brested Kingfisher
13. We could learn a thing or two!
During elections, Gambians vote using a stone or marble in a private booth; they are presented with holes in the ground marked with each candidate, they drop the stone in the hole they choose and done! Very eco-friendly – saves on paper!
14. What should you spend in The Gambia?
The Gambian Dalasi is the official currency here.
15. Gambian industries and exports really do vary.