Aries (♈︎) is the first astrological sign of the 12 zodiac signs, spanning the first 30 degrees of celestial longitude and originates from the constellation of the same name. Each spring during the Aries season the Sun visits this sign.
It’s essential to understand the energy of this sign, as various planets transit through Aries activating this sign’s fiery energy for everyone.
Aries Zodiac Sign: Quick Facts
Date: 21 March 20 April
Symbol: The Ram
Ruling Planet: Mars
Body Part: Head, face
Stone: Amethyst, Diamond
Tarot Card: The Emperor
Secret Wish: To be number one
Keywords: Willpower, Initiative, Determination, Self-Belief, Innocence, independent, aggressive
Now let’s have a look at the myths and facts that are associated with Aries from ancient times to this modern age.
- Ruled by the determined & headstrong Ram, Aries energy can be wilful & stubborn.
- The Ram is a symbol of masculinity and the renewal of the life force. All these symbols are associated with the ancient goddess cultures. Afterward, it was related to the Sumerian god Dumuzi, consort to the Goddess Inanna.
- In Egypt, Aries is associated with Amun and his consort Amunet. They represent the life force of the universe. The pyramid texts describe Amun as the primeval creator and a symbol of creative power.
- Shepherd kings like Dumuzi were given the right to rule by the Goddess. However, the Goddess was side-lined by Sky Gods and Sun and the Ram became a symbol of male power, wealth, and prosperity.
- Aries season begins at the Vernal Equinox, representing the yearly rebirth of the Sun in the Northern Hemisphere, and the renewal of growth at the beginning of spring.
- Aries is one of the three zodiac signs grouped under the fire element. It lights the blaze.
- Aries cycles can fill us up with a lot of life force energy. The negative impact is that we can become argumentative, confrontational, and aggressive.
- Aries is the first of the four cardinal signs of the zodiac, it begins the spring, the source of the Ram’s affinity for being a fiery starter, leader, and trailblazer.
- Aries people tend to have a lot of energy. This positive sign is known to leap before looking, diving into each new experience.
- Mars in Aries people listen to their instincts and make fast & decent decisions.
- People of Saturn in Aries tend to be impulsive and restless when it comes to expressing the Saturnian qualities of perseverance and patience.
- Moon in Aries people possess inner passion & fire and so, emotional issues take precedence. Moon in Aries requires acting out their needs, with no time to waste.
- Mercury, in Aries communicators, makes prompt decisions. They are often excellent at promoting their new ideas.
- Aries was assigned the first house of identity since its bold, initiatory energy was similar to the way the first house in the birth chart indicates.
- In classical astrology, Aries planetary ruler Mars was said to find his “joy” in the sixth house of “bad fortune”, health, and service of the birth chart.
- Aries’ traits are derived from its active and yang qualities, making this sign oriented toward assertive engagement.
- Both Aries woman and man born with having initiatory energy in their core personality.
- Aries natives are ready to take action and tend to be direct when it comes to expressing themselves. These folks do not tend to hold a grudge.
- Aries’ directness can come across as blunt, harsh, and even cruel if they are not managing their stress levels well. Communication is potentially the biggest challenge for the Ram.
- Aries’ sense of individuality makes them uniquely suited for professions where they need to work alone.
- A natural career could potentially be found in the many facets of the military. Training and competing in martial arts are another appropriate Aries pursuit.
- Law enforcement is another field where the Aries character can be of great use, always ready to respond at the moment to protect the public’s safety.
- Aries sign can get a bad reputation for being brash and starting a conflict, but the truth is there’s a whole lot more to the Aries sign than just being confrontational all the time.
- When it comes to the loved ones, Aries will give them anything if it would help to make them happy.